Confronted with fundamental and ongoing changes in their audiences, orchestras are thinking about what they do and how they do it as never before. In this chapter we explore some of the ideas, innovations, optimism and uneasiness of the American orchestra, as it finds it way toward the audiences of the future.
This podcast was developed from our May 2012 live forum event and backstage interviews.
Chapter Nine – Considering Audiences, Part 2
- Brent Assink, Executive Director, San Francisco Symphony
- Matthew van Besien, Executive Director Designate, New York Philharmonic
- Alan Gilbert, Music Director, New York Philharmonic
- Sunil Iyengar, Director of the Office of Research & Analysis, National Endowment for the Arts
- Yannick Nézet-Séguin, Music Director Designate, The Philadelphia Orchestra
- Ed Sanders, Group Marketing Manager, Creative Lab, Google
- Elizabeth Scott, Chief Media and Digital Officer, Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
- Franz Welser-Möst, Music Director, The Cleveland Orchestra
This podcast was written and narrated by Steven Winn.
For more podcasts, visit our Multimedia page.