The Cleveland Orchestra faces a particularly vexing dilemma: It is one of the world’s great orchestras in by far the smallest market supporting such an institution. This position has opened the organization to new ways of thinking and fresh possibilities for a reimagined future.
This podcast was developed from our behind-the-scenes conversation with leaders from The Cleveland Orchestra in April 2012 and an interview with Music Director Franz Welser-Möst.
Chapter Seven – The View from Cleveland
- Franz Welser-Möst, Music Director, The Cleveland Orchestra
- Gary Hanson, Executive Director, The Cleveland Orchestra
- Gary Ginstling, General Manager, The Cleveland Orchestra
- Joshua Smith, Principal Flute, The Cleveland Orchestra
- Dennis LaBarre, President of the Musical Arts Association, governing body of The Cleveland Orchestra
This podcast was written and narrated by Steven Winn.
For more podcasts, visit our Multimedia page.